For our children:
- To value and celebrate everyone’s uniqueness and individuality, including their own.
- To develop independent, well rounded, confident, capable and socially aware children.
- To promote respect for others, with the ethos of the school being a strong community.
- To allow the children to become open and creative independent thinkers.
- To successfully prepare children for the next stage of their education and development.
As a school:
- We are fully committed to safe-guarding all children and all members of our school community.
- We continually seek to improve and enhance our provision.
- We aim to maintain our high levels of achievement and seek to build and improve upon this, enabling all children to make individual progress and reach their full potential.
- We fully utilise our extensive grounds in order to provide a wide range of learning experiences.
- We value the talented staff we have at Canada Hill and we work hard to retain and develop our “outstanding” status in the top 10% of schools, with aspirations to improve further.
How will we achieve this?
- We are committed to broadly follow the National Curriculum whilst strengthening areas to enhance pupil success. For example: we will further develop the enjoyment of outdoor learning and hands-on learning experiences, both within the classroom and outside; promoting purposeful learning within our local, national and global community.
- Increase freedom within our curriculum.
- Constantly improve the quality of teaching across school through the provision of inspirational teaching and through a highly developed team ethos amongst our staff.
- We will utilise tried and tested teaching methods but are prepared to innovate.
How do we know we are succeeding?
- Our children and staff are happy, come to school willingly, and have a thirst for learning.
- Our children are continually making progress.
- We continue to achieve highly against national achievement data.
We summarise this vision as follows:
At Canada Hill Community Primary School we continually value and respect each other, enabling our pupils to develop their full potential and self-confidence.
Through positive teaching and learning we encourage independence and co-operation in a creative, secure and happy environment. We strive for excellence in all that we do.