Teaching ASSISTANT Vacancy
We are seeking to appoint, as soon as possible, an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant with a love of learning and sense of fun, to support a child with an Educational Health Care Plan in our Early Years class.
We are looking for a flexible and highly motivated individual who will:
- have the child’s needs at the heart of everything
- Have a warm, caring, nurturing personality with a friendly disposition.
- Work alongside the class teacher to support individual children within the learning environment;
- deliver targeted interventions linked to the EHCP;
- be able to develop positive relationships with children and parents.
- be able to work alongside our teachers, SEND team, parents and outside agencies to support children’s
learning and progress
- be able to support pupils in development skills in independence, self-confidence, and social interaction.
- have high expectations of pupils’ learning and behaviour.
This is an exciting opportunity for confident and motivated individuals to work under the guidance of teaching/senior staff within the school. We can offer you a role that will make a real difference to the lives of our children and their families, but it will be hard work, requiring creativity, resilience and perseverance. You will be expected to show a high degree of initiative and be able to react to given situations with integrity and compassion.
This post is 5 days a week, 6.25 hours a day.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role requires an enhanced DBS disclosure.
If you would like any more information about the post, please email email@example.com
Please look on the school website, www.canadahill.devon.sch.uk for further details including a job description and application form.
Closing date: Noon on Thursday 5th August
Interviews: Week commencing 9th August 2020.